Frequently Asked QuestionsCan I use my MACPASS transponder at other toll facilities?
Presently the only way you can use MACPASS with the other toll facilities in the Maritimes is if you set up an account with them. The Cobequid Pass E-Pass and the Confederation Bridge Strait Pass systems use the same transponder as the MACPASS system.
If you are applying for a MACPASS account and you already have an E-Pass or a Harbour Pass, indicate your transponder serial number (located on the lower left hand corner of your transponder (i.e. CAHD ########) on your MACPASS application. If you have a commercial account with several transponders, you should attach a list of the transponder serial numbers to your MACPASS application.
Account applications are available at the MACPASS Customer Service Centre, or call:
Cobequid Pass: 1-877-727-7104
Confederation Bridge: (902) 437-7300
Please note: You should not have more than one transponder in your vehicle.
- What is MACPASS plus?
- What is MACPASS?
- How does MACPASS work?
- How is my toll determined?
- In which lanes can I use MACPASS?
- Does MACPASS work in any type of vehicle?
- Can I use my MACPASS transponder at other toll facilities?
- Where can I read the terms and conditions that apply to MACPASS?
- How can I get information on my MACPASS account?
- How do I pay for my MACPASS?
- Can I use more than one payment option?
- Can I have more than one MACPASS?
- What will happen if my account balance reaches zero?
- What happens if my MACPASS is lost or stolen?
- Are there any fees associated with MACPASS beyond my monthly usage charges?
- How do I cancel my MACPASS account?
- What is the difference between a personal account and a commercial account?
- How do I make monthly payments on a commercial account?
- I drive a motorcycle/moped/scooter. What is the best way to use my MACPASS?
- Why should motorcycle, moped and scooter drivers not use MACPASS only lanes?
- Is HHB looking at other methods of payment for motorcycles, mopeds and scooters?
- Sometimes the toll gate does not lift. Why?
- What happens if I do not use my MACPASS transponder correctly?
- How do I properly install my MACPASS?
- What happens if I have more than one electronic transponder in my vehicle?
- What is the maximum speed when driving through the toll lanes?
- What do I do if my MACPASS comes off of my windshield?
- I own multiple vehicles, how can MACPASS work for me?
- Sometimes the toll gate does not lift as I approach the toll booth. Why?
- What happens if I do not install and use my MACPASS transponder correctly?